Sinusitis is defined as an inflammatory process involving the mucous membrane of Para-nasal sinuses. It is referred as rhino sinusitis, rhinitis. Sinusitis is otherwise known as Mookaidaipu or Peenism in Siddha system. We will see a detailed information of Sinusitis Symptoms and Home Remedies in Siddha Medicine.
A sinus is a hollow, air-filled cavity and its passages are present around
- Frontal sinuses which are located above the eyes
- Maxillary sinuses which are inside your cheek bones
- Ethmoid sinuses which are located between your eyes and behind the bridge of your nose
- Sphenoid sinuses located between upper part of your nose and behind your eyes
- Facial pressure or pain
- Nasal discharge
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Poor sense of smell
- Bad breath(Halitosis)
- Head ache & Tooth ache
- Lack of appetite
- Low-grade fever
Home Remedies for Sinusitis
- Add a pinch of salt in a glass of lukewarm water and gargling helps preventing spreading of viruses.
- Drink plenty of hot water.
- Steam is effective in opening nasal passage by draining the sinuses and making mucous flow easy.
- Adding some drops of eucalyptus oil could be effective
- Add few leaves of Adathoda – Justicia Adathoda (or) Tulsi – Ocimum Sanctum (or) Nochi -Vitex Negundo will help opening the nasal passage
- Drinking hot ginger tea and cinnamon tea prevents and reduces cold.
- Inhaling Onion and Garlic and adding plenty of these in the foods are helpful in curing sinusitis.
- Consuming foods which are rich in Vitamin A is effective in sinusitis. Examples are mango, pumpkin, leafy vegetables, egg yolk, tomatoes, papaya, carrots, curd and whole milk.
- Adding turmeric powder in milk helps increasing the immunity power and reduces cold.
- Add some black cumin seeds in a cloth and inhaling it would be effective in reducing sinusitis.
- Add a tea spoon of honey and few drops of lemon juice extracts in lukewarm water will provide Vitamin C which increases immunity power in our body.
- A tea spoon of Tulsi extract with honey will effective in opening nasal passage.
- Avoid using cold items and oily stuff. Consuming those increases the upper respiratory diseases.
- Use mask when going outside and avoid dust.
- Avoid standing in the rain and wind in the dewy season.
- Always dry your head properly after bath and use towels/hand kerchiefs to dry excessive sweat in your head.
- Always keep your hands clean which helps in reducing the foreign particles entering into the body.