Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid or ascorbate. Adequate amount of Vitamin C intake is required daily to remain the body in proper working condition.
Benefits of Vitamin C
- Prevents allergy and asthma
- Vitamin C generates Collagen which gives skin its elasticity and strength by strengthening the blood vessels and prevents damage to the cartilage in the joints
- Increases brain functionality
- Proper intake of vitamin c increases calcium absorption in body and strengthens bones, teeth and gums.
- Used as a supplement medicine to reduce the effect of inflammation in Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Pneumonia – Reduces inflammation in the alveoli.
How much do I need?
The necessary intake of Vitamin C for a man per day is 75 milligrams and for a woman it is 65 milligrams.
Signs and Symptoms of Vitamin C Deficiency
The lack of vitamin C in humans may result in Scurvy
- General weakness
- Loose teeth
- Bleeding and swollen gums
- Impaired wound healing
- Skin hemorrhages
What are the Natural Sources of Vitamin C?
Vitamin C last only for few hours in our blood stream it is advised to take it in split doses daily. The Vitamin C is rich in the following Items
- Grape Fruit
- Red and Green Bell peppers
Precautions of using Vitamin C
Too much amount of Vitamin C intake for a long period can cause
- kidney stones
- Rebound scurvy